Introduction of the initialization file allows Hot Keyboard to be run from a flash drive without installation on any computer.
Hot Keyboard has built-in feature allowing almost full automation of copying Hot Keyboard and your macros to the flash drive in two steps:
- Click the Settings -> Run from a flash drive menu item
- Select a folder on your flash drive where you want Hot Keyboard to be copied to.
Then Hot Keyboard copies the following files to the selected location:
- HotKeyb.exe - the main executable file
- Keyboards\KeyboardLayoutTool.exe - Hot Keyboard layout tool
- Keyboards\default.txt - default Hot Keyboard layout
- Keyboards\layout.txt - current Hot Keyboard layout
- HkHook64.exe - support executable for 64 bit OS
- HkbRes.dll, hkhook30.dll, HkHook64_30.dll - Hot Keyboard libraries
- hotkeyb.chm - Hot Keyboard documentation
- hk.ini - initialization file
- hk_settings.ini - settings file
- hotkeyb_3_2.data - macros file
When you insert this flash drive into a computer, all you need is to open the folder with Hot Keyboard and start the HotKeyb.exe application.
When running from a flash drive some Hot Keyboard functionality is not available. You won't be able to integrate Hot Keyboard into Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer.