SmartAdd: how to add new macros quickly
What is SmartAdd?
The SmartAdd feature was designed to create new macros quickly. Until SmartAdd was featured, every time you wanted to create a macro you had to open Hot Keyboard's dialog, choose a menu, press New Macro button, etc. Now it is done in an easy and quick way with the Hot Keyboard SmartAdd feature! Just press the hot key you want and a new macro will be added. SmartAdd is flexible and intelligent. It automatically detects the type of macro for the text you've selected or that's in the clipboard. And, of course, you can make your own settings for SmartAdd to create macros of any specific type.
Moreover, SmartAdd has been integrated with Windows Explorer and Internet ExplorerSmartAdd will help you to:
- Create text macros. Just select the text and choose a hot key for it.
- Right-click on a file in Windows Explorer and select to handle it with Hot Keyboard.
- Right-click on a web page or URL in IE and you can browse this page later using Hot Keyboard.
- Add reminders quickly.
How to start using SmartAdd?
For your convenience we made SmartAdd a macro type, so it's as simple to create as any other macro:
- Open Hot Keyboard's main dialog.
- Click the New Macro button.
- Fill in the "Macro name" and "Hot key" fields. Example: 'First SmartAdd' and Ctrl+Shift+A.
- Set Action Type to 'SmartAdd'.
- Choose menu to add the new SmartAdd macro to.
- Leave Let me choose as the action type, so Hot Keyboard will automatically detect the action type.
- Click OK to save the macro.
Test how it works!
1. Select the line below:
2. Press Ctrl+Shift+A
3. The autodetected action "Paste Text" is highlighted. Press Enter to accept it.
4. Edit Macro dialog now appears. You can change any settings or leave it as is, then accept the new macro.
5. Now you can use it!