This is an extremely useful feature. You can organize groups of macros in dependence upon their type, purpose, function, etc. To access a menu just press its hotkey and select the macro that you need to run. A macro included in the menu can also have its own hotkey or other activation method and thus be called directly.
You can move existing macros into this menu or create new macros for it. A menu can include any type of macro, even other menus. This organizes your macros into a tree structure.
Display menu - when you press a hotkey associated with this menu macro, the menu is displayed on the screen and you are able to choose the macro that you need.
Execute all child macros of this menu in sequence - It allows you to execute all macros in the menu in series in the order as they reside when you press a hotkey associated with the menu. You can use the Delay macro (look the Delay macro topic) to add delays between execution of the menu macros. Also you can put one menu macro into another and execute the outward one - in this case the inner menu will be executed as well.
If you choose the execution of the macros, you can specify a repeat count (Repeat) or instruct the menu macro to repeat forever (the Forever checkbox). In the latter case use "Ctrl-Break" key combination or click on the Hot Keyboard icon in the system tray to stop execution (note, that you can always stop the execution by these means independently of the repeat count).
Enable/disable all child macros - when menu is activated, all child macros are either disabled or enabled, thus you can turn off some macros when you don't need them
- Perform complicated tasks that require more than one Hot Keyboard macro by creating a menu and adjusting it to execute all its macros.
- Put all your passwords into a "Password" menu (remember to password protect the menu)
- Group your web bookmarks together
- Have available your internet programs (browser, email client, news agent, FTP downloader, ICQ etc) in a single menu
- Make a menu to organize your dialup connections
- Have a menu of frequently used responses to emails